History

In 1921 the Central Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce began serving the Central Susquehanna Valley’s businesses and community.

In the mid 90’s we relocated from a couple offices at The Hotel Edison in Sunbury to our current Shamokin Dam location.  The building was originally a ranch house built in the late 50’s and was then converted to a parsonage. By relocating to Shamokin Dam, we were able to hire more staff and broaden services to the community and our membership.

In November of 2005, the construction began on our new business center, and in June of 2006, we officially moved in. The new business center has a “Made in the Valley” theme – from the draperies to the floor boards, nearly every part of the new building was provided by local businesses from the Greater Susquehanna Valley.

Since our inception in 1921, we have merged twice. The first merger was in 2000 with the Union County Chamber of Commerce, which took us to over 200 members. As the result of this merge, we changed our name to what we are known as today, the Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce. We merged again in 2004 with the Danville Chamber of Commerce, and became 500 members strong.

In April of 2015, we reached an all-time high of 800 member businesses, and we are still growing.

Website by MoJo Active